The primary duties and responsibilities of a Medical Assistant are:
- Assisting the physician with basic patient care and medical procedures within the Medical Assistant (MA) scope of practice, which may include but is not limited to: rapid strep, UA, EKG, procedure set ups, etc.
- Ensuring Department of Health (DOH) compliance of site lab and exam rooms which may include but is not limited to: logbook maintenance, checking for expired medications and supplies, proper handling of specimen etc.
- Ensuring the site is fully stocked with supplies
- Helping maintain a clean, courteous, and professional working environment
- Providing compassionate care to our patients
- Assisting with training and acclimation of new hire MAs